Pages

November 17, 2019

Life Realizations as I turn a Quarter and One

As we live our lives here on Earth, we are faced with different circumstances, may it be good or bad. And as humans, we have to deal with these just so we could go on with our lives. These circumstances molded me to become the person I am today. As I turn a year older, a lot of realizations came to me. 

I am flawed.  I am not perfect. I just try to be someone that is appreciated, even if not by many but by the most important people in my life. I guess, it is a basic human need to be appreciated and I won't deny that I wanted that, too. 

I don't trust people easily like I used to. I guess this came with age and maturity. You learn that you don't need certain people in your life. You don't need the extra baggage that came with the passive relationships you encounter along the way. You don't trust and expect that person to stay. You just need those that you can trust completely and you can pour your heart out.    

I get tired in maintaining relationships. This one came with age and priorities. Sometimes, I feel tired with maintaining relationships. Why, you ask? Relationship is hard work. That I can tell you. It doesn't work if the the parties involve are not putting the extra effort to make the relationship work. Some, relationships, may it be work, friendship, family, can be tiresome. I needed to sort out the relationships that really matter to me and needs every bit of my attention.

I frequently need my alone time. I prefer to stay at home if I don't have anything to do. This gives me the time to get some thinking done. To process what happened that week, to calm myself, to just do nothing. I needed the time to recharge and keep my mind sane to face the days ahead.

(This is a late post. Just felt the need to post in now.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik