I was browsing Netflix to find something to watch. Searched for period dramas (my go to genre *wink). After a while of scrolling, I found Downton Abbey and gave it a try.
I loved every bit of Downton Abbey. The characters, storyline, cinematography, the lines. Six seasons are not enough. I couldn't get enough of everything Downton Abbey.
Fave Character: Lady Edith Crawley. She's the middle child. Does not get a lot of attention but still, she manages to be present for everybody. She does not give up on herself. She chose to be her own person, to make decisions for happiness and herself. I love her.
Least Fave Character: Lady Mary Crawley. She is the eldest child and feels entitled to give her opinions even though they are not needed. No character development for her from season 1 to 5. Her character only developed drastically towards the end of season 6. Some late realizations on her part to take actions were only seen two episodes prior to the series finale.
Well Developed Character: Mr. Thomas Barrow. His struggles with his sexuality and the changing work positions were evidently seen. You can't help but feel for him. He did things to survive. You will have a hard time choosing to love him or hate him.
Unexpectedly Funny Character: Mr. Spratt. Just by looking at his emotionless face is a laugh. The way he talks and his funny facial expressions is such a joy. Also, the shocking plot twist for his character.
Full of Wisdom Character: Dowager Countess Violet Crawley. The one and only Maggie Smith played this character so well. The wit of the character is undoubtedly the best. She's all knowing and you can literally say "She is always right."
The series was really good. A movie was released last 2019. It is probably a continuation. I have to it watch soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment