Pages

October 26, 2023

October 26, 2023

10.26.2023

It was a Thursday afternoon, when I decided to stop by a store to buy something to drink. I had merienda inside the car.  I randomly messaged him if he was available and if he wanted to come and join me. I called and waited for ten minutes, but he didn't show up. I decided then, to drive home. Few seconds of driving and I saw him. I stopped the car and waited for him. As we were chatting, I looked at his fingers and frowned. I didn't like that he wears a lot of rings. He jokingly took out the rings and gave them to me. I took them and put them inside my pocket. I said,  "Ako ni ibaligya to buy one for myself. Hahaha". He replied, " Haha, ambi na ba, kani lang oh." He pulled a red pouch and took out of it, a ring. The boyfriend was serious. I thought he only joked about buying it last Sunday and how much it cost. I demanded him to show me the receipt, and it was real. He was laughing at my reaction. The boyfriend was going to propose. Right then, and there, inside the car, he asked me, "Will you marry me?". I replied with a nod and a nervous smile. I never thought that I would ever experience a proposal in this lifetime. I wasn't even sure if I can handle marriage and the responsibilities that come with it. We were talking about "minyo2" after we got back together. I thought he was going to ask my parents first before proposing, but he messed up our timeline. He argues that he didn't want to loose the ring and always keep it in mind, he might as well give it to me as soon as possible. So, he just randomly decided to give it today.  Just like that. I now, have someone to call future hubby. While driving home, and glancing at the ring on my finger, I thought to myself, if I deserve this. This person, his promise, his future with me, and the ring which, apparently costs a lot. I have these thoughts to keep in mind. 

1 comment:

 
Images by Freepik