Pages

January 24, 2019

:)

First off, Happy New Year! This is a long over due post. I ought to post on the last day of 2018 but my laziness got the best of me, so yeah, 24 days later, I am writing this.

2018 was one of a kind. I bet every year is. hahahaha. But seriously though, 2018 was a roller coaster ride for me. I'm really glad I survived. So, let's start my official throwback on how my 2018 went. 

Work life: This one was pretty much the reason why I was really depressed and unhappy last 2018. Work really drained the life out of me. It made me think that I lost all hope to becoming really and sincerely happy with my life. I let my negativity towards it consumed me, to the point that I'm coming home from work crying my eyes out. I just couldn't explain the unhappiness I'm feeling. I was thinking to myself whether this was fate or this is something I could endure and get over with. It's not that the workload is unbearable, but the people I'm with is seriously devouring me alive. Like a beast eating its prey, that harsh. But of course, they wouldn't know that because I don't have any way of telling them due to my lack of courage to face the enemies. I know, this is exaggerating but this what I felt then. 

Spiritual: Only God can truly help me overcome the problems I'm facing and will be facing in the future. Being a weakling, I can only turn to God for help. My mind is full of negative thoughts and I need God to guide me. I should not let negativity overpower me. So, I prayed. I prayed for courage to face the world. This world may not be all smiles and laughter but it is a world full of life. A life you could live. And I thought, I needed strength to really get by and slowly become better. I need God to be with me every step of the way. In order to do so, I read the gospel every single day for 2018. It also had reflections you can relate to. It helped me be reminded that I am not fighting this battle alone. I am with a strong God. I also prayed the rosary. I felt really secured every time I pray.

Family: My foundation. My rock. My parents are awesome. They never failed to support me and guide and always be there for me. I couldn't ask for more. 

Friends: Crazy people who keep me sane. Despite all the problems and negativity, they were there to listen and keep me company whenever I feel like the world was on top of me. They put up with my misery. Also, gave me advice to really appreciate life despite the challenges that came with it. 

Special Friend: The person who could put up with my weirdness. <3 

Travel: I got to travel to different cities last year with people I love. 

Overall, 2018 was not all bad. It was a year full of realizations and lessons. It was a year that I get to experience life in whole new perspective. I am truly grateful for 2018. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik